LIA’S MILITARY MOMENTS GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:01:01 am Eastern time (“ET”) on Thursday, January 30, 2020, and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET on Sunday, November 29, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) you can enter the LIA’S MILITARY MOMENTS GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY (the “Sweepstakes”) as set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Westwood One, Inc., 220 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036 (“Administrator” or “WWO”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of WWO, which shall be final and binding in all respects. This is a national multi-market sweepstakes in which all entrants will compete with other entrants, including the listeners of multiple radio stations in multiple markets throughout the United States during the time period of the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.facebook.com/radiolia (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to post a story about yourself, a friend, family member or loved one who is serving or has served in the armed forces. The Sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any information provided by participant on the Website is provided to WWO, and not to Facebook. The Sweepstakes are intended to comply with the rules set forth by Facebook which can be located on https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php. No responsibility is assumed by WWO for any technical malfunctions that may occur. You may also enter the Sweepstakes by calling toll free, 1-800-577-7542 and leaving your name, phone number and story via a recorded message. Any method of entry other than the foregoing is void and will not be honored. Only one (1) entry per physical address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, or person is allowed per weekly drawing. If multiple Internet entries are received from the same physical address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, or person during a week (defined as Thursday – Sunday for the weekly drawing on Monday), only the first entry received from that physical address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, or person will be accepted. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed. The use of automatic devices for entry is not valid and may result in disqualification. You must complete and submit all required information to be eligible to enter to win. WWO is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches or for incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries, which will be voided and disqualified. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries submitted become the sole property of WWO and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by WWO. The Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the registered user of an account. Entries specifying an invalid, nonworking or inactive e-mail address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. One winner will be selected each Monday during the Sweepstakes Period, with the exception of the last winner who will be selected on the Monday after the Sweepstakes Period ends. To be eligible for a chance to win during a week of the Sweepstakes Period, entries must be received between 12:00:01 am ET Thursday and 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday immediately preceding that Monday’s drawing. The first drawing will be held on Monday, February 3, 2020 based on entries received from 12:00:01 am ET on Thursday, January 30, 2020 to 11:59:59 pm ET on Sunday, February 2, 2020. The last drawing will be held on Monday, November 30, 2020 based on entries received from 12:00:01 am ET Thursday, November 26, 2020 to 11:59:59 pm ET on Sunday, November 29, 2020.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors (including their families and persons residing in the same household) of WWO and of WWO’s respective members, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, affiliate radio stations or their licensees, promotional agencies, independent contractors, program suppliers and advertising agencies are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes (such persons, collectively, “Ineligible Parties”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited. WWO reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. A winner is eligible to win only one Weekly Prize during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
3. RESTRICTIONS: WWO and each of its respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, employees, local radio station affiliates or their licensees, promotional agencies or independent contractors, and Facebook (the “Sponsoring Entities”) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, incomplete, undeliverable or destroyed entries, or for any: (i) hardware or software failures of any kind, (ii) lost or unavailable network connections, (iii) failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, (iv) typographical or system errors and failures, (v) faulty transmissions, or (vi) problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, or computer equipment. The Sponsoring Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any Weekly Prize. In addition, the Sponsoring Entities are not responsible for any entry not received by WWO on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or at any website participating in the Sweepstakes, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury (including personal injury) or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s personal property (e.g., computer) related to or resulting from playing the Sweepstakes (or downloading any material for the Sweepstakes) or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. WWO may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Weekly Prize, if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, engaging in deception or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or representatives of the Sponsoring Entities. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Parties, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to void any suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes without prior notice or obligation to any entrant or other third party. In the event the Sweepstakes is suspended, terminated or canceled, winners may be randomly selected from all eligible entries received up to the date of such suspension, termination or cancellation. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES (INCLUDING WWW.WESTWOODONE.COM AND THE WEBSITE) OR THE WEBSITE OF ANY PARTICIPATING LOCAL RADIO STATION AFFILIATE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WWO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and WWO will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. WWO will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements and WWO will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
4. SELECTION OF WEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS: Each active Monday of the Sweepstakes Period (and on Monday, November 30, 2020), all qualifying entries in the Sweepstakes received between 12:00:01 am ET Thursday and 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday immediately preceding that Monday will be entered into that week’s random Weekly Prize drawing. There will ONLY be weekly drawings on the following active Mondays throughout 2020; 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 11/16, 11/23, and 11/30. One (1) potential winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules (the “Weekly Prize Winner” or “Winner”), will be selected by WWO/Lia at random and receive the Weekly Prize (defined in Section 5 below). A Winner may win only one (1) Weekly Prize during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Winner will be notified by private Message at the Facebook account used to submit their entry or by phone if the entry was submitted by calling toll free, 1-800-577-7542. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to receive communications from Facebook®. @radiolia will make two (2) attempts (each, a private “Message”) to reach the potential Winner via private Messaging or Facebook® over an approximately 24-hour period. If a potential Winner does not respond to either of the two private Messages sent with the additional contact information requested by the time and date indicated in the notification, he/she will be disqualified without compensation of any kind, and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Once a Winner has responded to the private Message with the requested contact information, the Winner will be notified by WWO via e-mail. Weekly Prizes will be awarded subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules, and as long as all qualifications relating to the Sweepstakes are met. If the Winner has not obtained the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Winner’s parent or legal guardian (as determined by the Parties in their sole discretion). Odds of winning are based upon the total number of eligible entries received. This is a national multi-market sweepstakes in which all entrants will compete with other entrants, including the listeners of multiple radio stations in multiple markets throughout the United States during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WEEKLY PRIZE: Eighteen (12) Weekly Prize Winners will each receive one (1) $50 Visa gift card (the “Weekly Prize”) (ARV of all cards to be awarded during the Sweepstakes: $600). Visa gift cards are subject to standard terms and conditions and are not redeemable for cash. Lost, mutilated or stolen gift cards will not be replaced. WWO reserves the right to substitute any Weekly Prize with a Weekly Prize of equal or greater value if a Weekly Prize should become unavailable.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; CONDITIONS: Winners who have responded to the private Message and provided the requested contact information will be notified by e-mail to confirm their shipping address to receive their Weekly Prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants are agreeing they meet the eligibility requirements stated in these official rules and they are not an Ineligible Party as that term is defined in Section 2 of these official rules. Each Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release provided by the Parties within five (5) days of notification and, as may be required, at the Parties’ discretion, to complete and sign other forms pertaining to the Sweepstakes before the Weekly Prize is awarded. In the event any such signed forms are not received by WWO within the specified time period, WWO reserves the right to choose an alternate winner by random selection. The affidavit of eligibility and the liability release serves to, among other things, confirm eligibility and release the Sponsoring Entities from any and all harm, injury or liability of any kind that may result in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Weekly Prize or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any Weekly Prize. If a Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the Weekly Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from WWO will receive an IRS Form 1099 from WWO for the calendar year in which the Weekly Prize(s) is awarded and a copy of such form will be filed by WWO with the IRS. All federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses not expressly provided for in these official rules are solely the responsibility of the Winners. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s entry and acceptance of the Weekly Prize constitutes such Winner’s permission to the Sponsoring Entities to use such Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation and is deemed a certification that such entrant meets the eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes as listed in these official rules and is not an Ineligible Party. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORING ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY WEEKLY PRIZE WON. Entrants agree that all entries become the property of the Sponsoring Entities and none will be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsoring Entities and their designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the entries in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as WWO and their designees may determine without further consideration to entrants or any third party.
7. BINDING NATURE OF OFFICIAL RULES; WAIVER OF CLAIM OF AMBIGUITY: The Sweepstakes are subject to these official rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of WWO and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these official rules. WWO reserves the right to modify these official rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If due to circumstances beyond the control of WWO, any competition or Weekly Prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, WWO reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes.
8. SWEEPSTAKES PROVIDED “AS IS”: THE WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SPONSORING ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND EACH WINNER AND ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE THE SPONSORING ENTITIES FROM, LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE ACCEPTANCE/POSSESSION AND/OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY WEEKLY PRIZE AND/OR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S OR THIRD PERSON’S PROPERTY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY WEEKLY PRIZE OR ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSORING ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND THAT ENTRANT SHALL HOLD SPONSORING ENTITIES HARMLESS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSORING ENTITIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET WEBSITES USED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES (WWW.WESTWOODONE.COM, THE WEBSITE, AND THE WEBSITE OF ANY PARTICIPATING LOCAL RADIO STATION AFFILIATE) OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE AFOREMENTIONED SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES USED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH AND ANY WEEKLY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: If you choose to post a story about yourself, a friend, family member or loved one who is serving or has served in the armed forces, it must be your personal, firsthand account and in English. Submissions must not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false or misleading. Select submissions may be read on-air during Radio Lia. By posting your story on www.facebook.com/radiolia or by calling toll free, 1-800-577-7542 and leaving your story as a recorded message, this constitutes consent to share your story on-air . If your story is selected, Radio Lia is not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any submission any particular number of times or at all. By submitting a story, you represent and warrant that: (i) the submission is original, that you have all rights to the submission; (ii) the submission does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the submission is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the submission in the manner authorized herein, (iv) the submission does not infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property rights or any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (v) the submission is not and will not be defamatory, disparaging, libelous, pornographic or obscene. Submissions that are not in compliance with these guidelines will be considered “ineligible submissions” and will not be considered. Submissions will not be returned and receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged.
10. WINNER LIST: For the name of the Winners or a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Winner” or “official rules” (specify which) c/o LIA’S MILITARY MOMENTS GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY, 220 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036. All such requests must be received by Friday, December 25, 2020, to receive a response.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook®. Entrants understand that the information being provided at point of entry is being provided to WWO, and not to Facebook®.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.